Tuesday 26 August 2014

Welcome to a Year of Bravery!

To my team who I will be meeting for the first time one week from today,

  I am looking forward to learning how to "Be Brave" with all of you this year. I have never taught grade 3/4. You've never been in grade 3/4. I have a lot of really exciting ideas I want to try out with you and I can't wait to start collaborating, communicating and creating with you.

  Tomorrow, I'm going to get to see all your names on one piece of paper and then I'll start moving the right amount of chairs into our classroom. On Tuesday, you'll notice that there aren't a lot of decorations in our room. That's on purpose. I've got some things around my desk area that will lead you to make some inferences about me, but I'm going to need you and your brains to help me decide what our learning space will look like.

  This year, I'm going to introduce you to a recipe that is proven to help students (and their teacher) succeed. It's simple. I ADD EGGS. That might sound weird to you right now, but by the end of the month, you'll know that recipe off by heart. You'll even understand what on earth it means!

  Our classroom has a name this year which represents how we'll work together. As you can tell from the blog title, we will be EPCOT - the Experimental Prototype Classroom of Tomorrow.

  You might have realized, I like big words and I like acronyms (that's a big word, and we'll learn what it means soon!). I also really like pushing myself and my students to try new things, take risks, stand up for ourselves and stand up for what we believe in. Because of that, our biggest class expectation this year is to Be Brave.

  I can't wait to start our year together. We are in for so many wonderful adventures, challenges and so much learning.

  I hope you're all enjoying your last few days of your holiday.

See you next week!

Your Lead Learner,
Shauna
 

No comments:

Post a Comment